The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sunday Wrap-Up, 10-1-06

So as good as last week was this week was “ugh.” Not bad, just it didn’t work entirely.

First off, the game didn’t work very well. Dodgeball Dragon. Previously I have played it with kids and it has been awesome but it just never quite got there…oh well. I need a good game person and/or spend some time mapping out a long term game plan.

The talk went okay. We had a great turnout, which is awesome. The bad is that we still don’t quite have the space worked out well. So big crowd = less functional for talks, etc. Argh. Soon we will have built in bleachers, two LCDs and a nice sound system. (Folks- it is a dream. I figure dream big…)

This week I am headed back to the ATL for the Catalyst Conference. Turff, some folks from his church and their parent church are all going. I went last year and enjoyed it immensely. I am thankful for a church that will support me in my efforts to continue to grow as a leader. (And I suspect I will be blogging from there if I have wifi.)

Next Sunday is what I am calling Experiment Sunday. We are getting some kids together to go around visiting and doing some yard work for some of the elderly folks of our church. It is an attempt to motivate service as well as bridge some generation gaps that are present in our church. Word on the street is that the seniors are excited about our coming and cookies could be involved. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

And then because I will have been tied up all week doing office stuff and going to the conference (complete with the midnight drive on Wednesday) we will be doing movie night. The last 4 weeks I have been working on a series based in some part off of “Remember the Titans” clips, so we are ordering pizza and watching the movie. Should be fun.

Stuff you can pray for me about: high school small groups. (I feel like I am stumbling all over the place with them…) An administrative assistant. (The talk is we will be hiring someone come January. Pray I last until then…) Road tripping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home