The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Randomness...

So here we go…random thoughts from the week….

  • One of the churches that I had an interview with in has already let go the youth worker they decided to hire. I won’t go into details but suffice it to say it was an integrity issue but not like abuse. Just watch what you put on your myspace. And in the Jason Sansbury Sweepstakes, you snooze, you lose!
  • Next week I will do my Atlanta Hawks preview. Speedy Claxton broke his hand though. Dang! And I now have a Western Conference team I can route for. Just a couple hours down the road are the Memphis Grizzlies. Yet another franchise I can hopelessly cheer for!
  • Congratulations Chan Gailey! You finally discovered that Calvin Johnson may be the best wide receiver in the country and if you throw him the ball, good things tend to happen! And it is clear that the rumors are true…the Virginia Cavaliers are terrible!
  • Last year, Dan Hawkins brought the Boise State Broncos into Athens, GA and got spanked. This year Dan is bringing the Colorado Buffalos into Athens, GA. Same thing…looking at Georgia’s schedule it appears Dan may be moving on to Western Carolina for 2007. (And if you love me, pray that UGA beats Tennessee. I don’t know if I can live here if the Dawgs lose…)
  • My books have arrived. I think I am going to start with Deep Ministry in A Shallow World. Looks solid and challenging. Expect a review next week.
  • Proof some people don’t get it…The newest issue of Devo-zine has a Backstreet Boy on the cover. All the 25 year olds are swooning…if they read a devotional aimed at young teens.
  • Turmoil is never good.
  • This weekend’s movies: Hustle and Flow and Brick. I love my Netflix.
  • Quick mini-reviews of entertainment:

The Illusionist- Okay. A painfully obvious ending. Ed Norton reminds us of the fact that he may be the best actor in his generation. I mean, he makes Jessica Biel seem like a good actress. Paul Giamatti was excellent as well. Solid.

Veronica Mars, Season 2: My favorite show right now. Good acting, solid long range plot development and some great guest stars. I just love the show, even though every time I see Enrico Colantoni as Veronica’s dad I have to go “I can’t believe that is the guy from that crappy show, Just Shoot Me.” Plus the next season seems to revolve around Charisma Carpenter. Ain't nothing wrong with that...becasue she is a great actress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home