The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Monday, August 07, 2006

And...We're off...

Sunday night was my first "official" welcoming reception by the parents and youth of the church. (Thursday, the staff threw me a lovely shindig/BBQ.) It went well. We ate fried chicken and lovely side dishes. We played some "Do You Love Your Neighbor?" during which I learned that the church's gym has horrendous acoustics. Then I had a time of Q and A with parents where we talked about some of the things coming up...
  • The Big Fall Event will be a Lock-out in and around greater Nashville following the football games.
  • Sunday night youth group kicks off on August 20
  • We are moving towards a junior high and senior high split of youth groups in January
  • High schoolers will be attending the "Warmth in Winter" event put on by the Tennessee Conference
  • Middle schoolers will be attending some other event to be determined later. Most likely? The Edge Middle School Retreat is back! (Forest Hills and Bethlehem could be a fantastic combination...)
Because of the track record here of quick and short term youth workers, I knew that it was going to take time to convince kids that I want and I am called to do something long term; after last night, it is apparent that it will take some time to convince some adults as well. Not that I am nervous or anything. As I recently re-discovered, I hate moving. In fact, I hate it so much that I have decided that if forced to move again, I am going to donate everything I own to Goodwill and start over with some clothes, a computer and a guitar. So if for no other reason than I hate moving, I am here for awhile. (And there are LOTS of other reasons why I would be here...)

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger Jason Sansbury said...

Does that mean you are moving to my neck of the woods?

 
At 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are many other friuts that Jason did not mention. We love you Jason and we miss you terribly! I know where you are at you will be amazing! Thanks for all you have and will do even though you are 5 hours away!!

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger gavin richardson said...

welcome to the neighborhood. if you wanted to get together to chat on some of the church history i could share.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home