The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Starting out...

So this week has been a flurry of meetings, lunches and planning. Here is what has happened so far...

Monday- Got to know the staff a little bit, worked on some general information stuff and all. Plus spend the better part of the afternoon apartment hunting.

Tuesday- Had a great staff meeting. On Monday, I was given a copy of Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's book Now, Discover Your Strengths and on Tuesday at staff we all talked about what our strengths were and how we work together well. It was pretty amazing to have this conversation initially. I have never been involved with a church that was so practical and direct. Most the staff has been here a long time and they have a great sense of working together.

Wednesday- Hammered on the long term schedule. Got some stuff planned and in the works.

Today- I went and, hopefully, found a great apartment. Holding my breath on the credit check front. I should be okay but when one isn't planning to be paycheck-less for 2+ months, it can create strains. Great size and close to the church. Should be an answer to a lot of people's prayers. I know that I am excited not to have to live in a hotel too much longer.

But, here is mainly what I wanted to post about as I started out. I started my Matthew 9:38 list. Here is what Jesus tells his disciples in Matthew 9:
"Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."
Starting out, I see a harvest field. It is ripe and I know that I am not going to be able to do everything alone. So I need workers. Years ago when I started out in ministry, Les Comee, a Young Life guru, taught me to start a Matthew 9:39 list and pray for those folks on it, that God would lead them to become workers. Even now, as I don't know people very well, I am adding folks to my list and praying that God will put them in the fields with me.
The harvest is coming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home