The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Busy Sunday...

Okay, after yesterday's "Bored out of my mind, I don't know what to do" Saturday, today was jammed packed.

First I woke up early to do my morning walk. (Yes, since moving I have started a morning walk. Don't make a big deal out of it.) And today was especially early because I wanted to attend the quarterly Men's Fellowship at Bethlehem. And I walked out without a key to my hotel, which when you are staying at an Extended Stay motel is a big, big deal because they don't have 24 hour staff. Thankfully I realized it right away and in the dark and cover of mist, I changed into the clothes I had in my car and went to church. After that, the office opened (8 AM) and I got back into my room, showered and then went back to church.

After church at 2 PM, some dads and kids came to help me do clean-up in the youth spaces. When your marker boxes have empty juice boxes in them, it is time to do clean-up. So we straightened, cleaned, discovered that the ping-pong table, air hockey and foosball tables are all in working condition. (Some of the kids are about to be 8th graders and can't remember a time when anyone played on those tables.) So tomorrow we go get the stuff we need to make them work.

After that, it turned out that a family in the church needed some yard work, so we all partnered up and did that. As usual, I was worthless (hence the need for the morning walks) but I did get to spend time talking to the mom of the family, which is in my wheelhouse. I love spending time with people and hearing their story and encouraging them. So now I am covered in grass, tired and headed back to the hotel for a cold shower and sleep. A pretty good Sunday, though I really, really miss kicking it on Sunday nights at youth group. August 20th can't get here soon enough...because then IT begins....

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Blogger Mike Adkins said...

Sounds like things are really picking up for you, dude. Your organized ministry will come, but you have to love the spontaneous stuff, too! I cant wait to see what you have going on up there as well as what you have planned.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Mike Adkins said...

Sounds like things are picking up for you, dude. Your organized ministry will come, but you have to love the spontaneous stuff, too! I cant wait to get up there and see what you have going and what you have planned...

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! You have an AIR HOCKEY table???? I don't even have a building, let alone a youth space. I look forward to checking out your youth group some time soon. I hope you will return the favor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home