The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Lazy Saturday....

Okay, it is definitely official...weekends stink when you are new to an area and don't know many people. And I am definitely ready to be done with living in a hotel. I am supposed to be able to pick up keys to my new apartment on Wednesday morning. I found a great, spacious apartment north of where I work in the Bellevue area of Nashville. It puts me about 10 minutes from work and 10 minutes from downtown Nashville. I have been living at a hotel in a different area but I am looking forward to getting out and exploring some once I get moved next weekend.

Tonight there was a movie night scheduled. So I went and rented Goonies on VHS and 8 Below on DVD. It should be a great way to just hang out and get to know kids.

This week's to do list:
1. Get a laptop and monitor ordered. (Hopefully.)
2. Register for the Catalyst Conference. I went last year and I was bummed that I wasn't going to be able to attend this year. But it looks like the honeymoon period means that I can go to some conferences this year. (Thinking about Youth Specialties in Charlotte at the end of November and beginning of December.)
3. Get my Netflix account turned back on.
4. Head to Newnan, get all my stuff in a truck, come back to Nashville and unload.
5. Get all my mail, etc. moved to the new address.
6. Take some pictures of my new digs, both home and office and email them out to people.
7. Start memorizing student's names and faces.
8. Get the new youth website up and running.
9. Write some overdue thank you notes to Newnan people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home