The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Monday, February 26, 2007

Movie Review: Amazing Grace


So this weekend, I went to see the film Amazing Grace. The buzz on the film has been fairly good in the circles I run with, though sometimes my circles are guilty of buying into hype machines. The film is the story of William Wilberforce, who was an abolitionist in England around the turn of the 19th century.

And I have to say, that while the film will win no major awards, it is a very well film about a very good character. It does a remarkable job of studying the choices that Wilberforce had to make in regards to his faith and his convictions, as well as the burden that came with those choices.

I thought the end was especially well done, including an amazing speech at the end that found me crying. Because that is how I roll, I am a movie crier. (Worst example of my movie tears- Mighty Ducks 3, because the fat kid scores the winning goal. FYI- It has been over 10 years since the last Mighty Ducks film...crap, I am getting old.)

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude, I hear Emilio Estevez isn't terribly busy. Maybe they'll make a MD4. Should we contact EE and offer to do the movie with him on the cheap?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home