The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Living in Big Orange Country...

Okay, so I do indeed very much dislike the Tennessee Volunteer fans here in the great north of Nashville. It is just wrong to go to Cracker Barrel and see rocking chairs that are in that heinous orange color. However, I do have to say it was kind of cool to see that the UT head men's basketball coach got together with some of his players and went to a UT women's game. Shirtless.

That's right, Bruce Pearl, a grown man went shirtless and painted orange. And I got to say, I admire that. Here is why: it means that he is a real guy, capable of goofiness, fun, excitement and doesn't take himself too seriously. If I was an 18 year old kid trying to decide who I would want to play for, this guy may be the one. You can read about it and see a picture (if you are into that sorta thing) here.

And speaking of SEC basketball, did anyone else see the end of the UGA-Alabama game? Holy cow, that was some horrendous officiating. A shot clock violation that wasn't, a jump ball that wasn't called and the final basket involved one player having 3 different pivot foots without dribbling. (We generally call that traveling...) Regardless, I do love Georgia's coach and team and grit. They make me proud to be a Bulldog.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i wanted to read the rest of your post- but i got stuck on the "it was just wrong to go to cracker barrell". I know you said "and see the orange rocking chairs"- but i couldn't help but stop at the resturant itself. Of all the things i miss in the south- cracker barrell is not one of them. Not your point I know- but just thought I would share.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home