The Life of JaWS

A blog by Jason Sansbury

Monday, April 09, 2007

Sports Top 10

Here are a ton of random sports notes:
1. The Masters. Sometimes Tiger kicks the course around and sometimes it bites him and everyone else. No rain means crazy fast greens and a tougher course.
(Personal Masters moment: parking cars for Young Life at the Olive Garden and some kid getting practice badges from little old ladies and re-selling him. I believe our $3500 take for the afternoon shift still stands as a record! Gotta love cute, undersized 7th grade guys with business acumen.)

2. Joey Harrington as an Atlanta Falcon. Believe it or not, I like this move. Harrington suffered in Detroit for a long time with a bad team and now he will be in a good system, with a good QB friendly coach with a starting QB who tends to get himself hurt. Joey Harrington for Pro Bowl 2009! (Sorta)

3. Can I tell you how much I am going to freak out if the Hawks don't have their lottery pick? Unless it is one of the top two (I'd take Durant over Oden) then Phoenix gets it just to make the Boris Diaw trade look even better for them!

4. I find myself sometimes drawn to NASCAR races. And occasionally I find myself stopping and listening to country music. Tennessee is really like rubbing off on me in bad ways. If I moved to Chicago, would I become a big fat guy who eats sausage pizzas? Oh wait...

5. Pac-man Jones won't be a Titan this year. Now, if he was Q-bert Jones, then that is a different deal entirely...(And in 10-12 years are we going to have some guy named Master Chief Smith playing QB?)

6. Living closer to Kentucky has meant I have a new appreciation for how crazy those basketball fans are...

7. Calvin Johnson is going to be the best player in this year's NFL draft. Imagine if he hadn't lost his mind and gone to Georgia. The Dawgs would be like 2 time defending national champs.

8. Baseball. Ugh. I just don't bring myself to care.

9. A way to make track meets more interesting: allow all the events to happen simultaneously. Imagine a javelin throw happening in the same space as the hurdles. Hilarity ensues.

10. I miss Atlanta sports radio. The Nashville scene is full of older sounding gentleman who want to talk about how great 1970 was.

5 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, the only difference between what you are hearing on the radio now and a lot of what was going down in Atlanta can be summed up simply: 10 years. Here, it seems its 1980 they are obsessed with.

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger gavin richardson said...

what, you don't want to listen to 104.5? i also like "the herd" on 106.7 from 9am to 12.

that hawks still are a team?

 
At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Gavin, the hawks are most certainly NOT a team. At least not the professional sort.

Strangely, this has in no way dissuaded the proprietor of this blog from maintaining an inexplicable loyalty to them.

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Jason Sansbury said...

Listen, I have lots of weird quirks. It is part of who I am. For better and for worse. And I mean, you are a GT fan...the Vandy of the ACC. And that isn't meant as a compliment.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger gavin richardson said...

vandy of the acc.. that hurts! didn't know you were prophetic jas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home